The Mission and Vision of the ACC Equity Team
Mission: To be an inclusive community where all students, staff, and families feel welcome and that their identity is valued.
Vision: To become a united community, across programs and grade levels, where all students and staff celebrate their identity as an ACC Archer.
ACC Equity Committee
- In January 2021, ACC formed our Equity Committee. The committee has staff, student and parent representatives, and meets monthly.
- In March 2021, the APS Equity Committee launched ACC as a No Place for Hate School.
- At the end of the 2020-2021 school year, ACC was designated as a “No Place for Hate” School.
- During the 2021-2022 School Year, the team has been involved in the following events:
- February 2022: Staff participated in a professional development presentation on proper use of pronouns
- March 22 district-wide virtual event: Strengthening Community: Confronting Hate Speech by Building Understanding. Students and staff watched a live event on Microsoft Teams, then engaged in discussions and activities with their classes.
- Spring 2022 Anti-Bias Lessons: Student Equity Leaders have been presenting to ACC students on anti-bias education: how to identify bias in ourselves and others, and how to take action.
Questions or Comments for the ACC Equity Team? Contact Mindee Laumann, Equity Committee Chair, at email@example.com
Learn more about Equity in Action in Arlington Public Schools here.