Arlington Tech is a rigorous, project-based learning, high school program that prepares students to succeed in college and in the workplace through collaborative problem solving.
Applications for the 2022-2023 have closed. Families will receive notice on February 7th of admittance. Students who receive offers should accept by Feb. 21st. Students on the waitlist will receive updates throughout the spring as spots become available.
Arlington Tech combines:
- Access to Career Technical Education (CTE) classes: Student schedules combine in-demand skills with STEM academic opportunities.
- Project-based learning: Students collaborate on open-ended projects and apply classroom content to real-world problems and relevant questions.
- Dual-Enrolled (DE) coursework: Students learn from APS teachers who are NOVA professors. Students demonstrate the ability to succeed in college-level classes and earn transferable college credit.
- Capstone Experience: Seniors participate in a year-long work-based experience focused on college-level research, job-site internships, or client-focused projects.
Arlington Tech is located at the Arlington Career Center campus, where students have access to exceptional lab spaces and a variety of Dual-Enrolled (DE) and Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses. This competitive program is open to all rising 9th and 10th grade students in Arlington. Applications are open from November 1, 2021 – January 21, 2022.
For more information contact Dr. Michelle Van Lare, Coordinator:
703-228-5811 or email@example.com
For Spanish Speaking:
Monica Lozano-Caldera, Equity & Excellence Coordinator
703-228-8702 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlington Tech at the Career Center provides:
- An All-Day, Full-Time, College-Prep High School Program
- Integrated Project-Based Learning
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM) Focus
- Challenging Academic & Career and Technical (CTE) Courses
Benefits to All Students:
- Focus on 21st Century Skills – Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking and Communication
- Early College Credits for Upper Level Classes through Dual Enrollment
- Opportunities for Industry Certifications through CTE Course Electives
- Work Based Internship, Job Shadowing, and Mentoring Opportunities
Dr. Michelle Van Lare, Program Coordinator
For Bilingual Spanish-English Support
Equity & Excellence Coordinator