Arlington Tech is a rigorous, project-based learning, high school program that prepares students to succeed in college and in the workplace through collaborative problem solving.
Arlington Tech students learn how to effectively apply their interdisciplinary academic knowledge with skills developed in their Career Technical Education (CTE) classes.
Projects serve to integrate these classes and provide hands-on, work-based learning opportunities in which students put theory into action and use critical thinking skills to solve relevant local and global problems in real-time.
Learning at Arlington Tech is active (through inquiry), authentic (through projects), and motivated by the students’ interest.
Arlington Tech is located at the Arlington Career Center campus, where students have access to exceptional lab spaces and a variety of Dual-Enrolled (DE) and Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses. This competitive program is open to all 8th grade students in Arlington who meet the application requirements.
For more information contact Dr. Michelle Van Lare, Coordinator:
703-228-5811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Spanish Speaking:
Monica Lozano-Caldera, Equity & Excellence Coordinator
703-228-8702 or email@example.com
Arlington Tech at the Career Center provides:
- An All-Day, Full-Time, College-Prep High School Program
- Integrated Hands-On, Project-Based Learning
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM) Focus
- Challenging Academic & Career and Technical (CTE) Courses
Benefits to All Students:
- Focus on 21st Century Skills – Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking and Communication
- Early College Credits for Upper Level Classes through Dual Enrollment
- Opportunities for Industry Certifications through CTE Course Electives
- Work Based Internship, Job Shadowing, and Mentoring Opportunities
Dr. Michelle Van Lare, Program Coordinator
For Bilingual Spanish-English Support
Equity & Excellence Coordinator