Connect with the Arlington Tech community by joining and supporting an ATAC team! A description of each team and contact info are below. If not email is listed, reach out to email@example.com to be connected to the team.
Arlington Tech Network
- Connects parent and community experts and clients with the school for student-teacher projects, guest speaking opportunities, and facilitation of career exploration experiences, such as informational interviews, job shadowing, internships, and Capstone experiences.
- Team: Mark Schneider, John Crouch, Laura Dinardo – AT Capstone Coordinator
- To join or participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or join the Arlington Tech Network on LinkedIn.
Beautiful & Safe Campus
- Helps make Arlington Tech / Arlington Career Center beautiful and safe by organizing community planting and clean-up events and coordinating with the school on landscaping, traffic flows, etc.
- Team: Susi Lill – Lead, Rodrigo Abela – Design Lead, Alisa Cohen – ACC Parent Advisory Committee Chair, Mathew Emery – ATAC Chair
- Contact Susi Lill to join the team, and monitor the Google Group and calendar for information on upcoming events.
Building Level Planning Committee (BLPC)
- APS advisory committee focused on building use and space resources, including the Arlington Career Center Expansion effort.
- ATAC BLPC Reps: Carrie Thomas, David French
- ACC Advisory Group BLPC Rep: Alisa Cowen
- ATAC BLPC Team: Sharon White, Ben White, Rodrigo Abela, Sofia Sleigh, Lisa DeMarchi-Sleigh, Valerie Steenstra, Larkin Steenstra, Francie Hamilton
Clubs & Extracurriculars
- Supports students in forming and maintaining after-school clubs, such as Ultimate Frisbee.
- Staff Lead: Erik Healey, Assistant Principal
- Parent Lead: Bridget Tuthill
- Supports communication channels within the AT community
- Manages the ATAC Google Group, ATAC News, ArlingtonTech.org website, and ATAC meeting minutes
- Team: Suzette Risacher – Secretary, Chelsea Fallon – Webmaster, other positions open
- Plans events and fundraisers for the Arlington Tech community, including parents, students, and staff.
- Team: Renee Gutshall – ATAC Events Lead/Officer, Laura Furguson – Events, Sherri Hunter – Senior Class Events, other positions open
- Contact Renee Gutshall to join or help plan our next event!
Finance, Systems and Governance
- Oversees finances, budget, annual audit, bylaws and governance, and systems used for finance, fundraising, and communications.
- Team: Hamilton Humes – Treasurer, Mathew Emery – Chair, Open – Accounting Expert, Open – Systems Lead
No Sweat Fundraising
- Help support ATAC fundraising efforts by selling spirit wear, managing finances, sending thank yous, overseeing scholarships, etc.
- Team: Hamilton Humes – Treasurer, Haywon Kim, Maggie Varona, Inge Emery, Open – Thank Yous, Open – Systems, Open – Scholarships
Special Education Support
- Supports and connects families of students with IEPs or 504 Plans, and serves as a liaison between parents and Arlington Tech staff.
- Google Group: email@example.com
- Team Leads and Group Contacts: Chelsea Fallon, Sheryl Stein
- Gathers student feedback and shares ideas for improving Arlington Tech with AT & ATAC leadership.
- Send feedback and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student representatives:
12th Grade: Claire Beasley, Robert Emery
11th Grade: Abby McLennan, Julian Sweetman
10th Grade: Sofia Sleigh, Jack Schiavo
9th Grade: Open
- Coordinates granting teacher wishes sent throughout the year to email@example.com, and organizes Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week every spring. All families are invited to fulfill teacher wishes!
- Team: Mary Elise Moran – Lead, Haywon Kim – Vice Chair, Dilip Ghate, Open – Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator
- Finds ways to support transportation for Arlington Tech students, including bus routes and carpooling.
- Team: Laurie Mangum, Yubakar Sharma