Vehicles donated by the community are used in instruction and/or are repaired by students and auctioned online at http://www.publicsurplus.com/. Proceeds from these vehicle sales are used to buy the latest tools and equipment for the automotive program as well as fund field trips and events. Want to donate a vehicle? Please contact instructor Dale Winchell by email at Dale.Winchell@apsva.us. We are also available by phone at 703-228-5749. We are located at 816 South Walter Reed Drive, Arlington Va. 22204. The Automotive Program is in the back of the building, so you will want to come in on 9th street and pull in the back lot through the open gate. We are at entrance #8.
Here’s how it works
- You drive or tow your vehicle in to us
- We take anything, running or not (provided we have parking space)
- Bring your title and we will show you where to sign off (title must be signed off by all owners listed on title)
- We remove your tags for you
- We take care of all the paperwork including the IRS tax form 1098C
- You look up your vehicle’s value on KBB.com, or Edmonds.com and print your vehicle’s value
- You get the tax write off for your donation without having to wait until it is sold.