Rent and Utilities

Evictions: Please call Arlington County to receive help or assistance with your rent. Call 703-228-1300. Arlington County will NOT share your information with anyone. Find out more at

Call 2-1-1 which is the Virginia Commonwealth’s 24-hour information and referral service that provides access to free and confidential crisis and emergency counseling, housing, disaster assistance, food, health care, insurance assistance, stable housing and utility payment assistance, employment services, Veteran services, and childcare.

Utilities: Call Arlington County’s Economic Independence Division at 703-228-1350 to ask about assistance. To avoid having your power shut-off due to non-payment with Dominion Energy, please contact this website prior to disconnection:

If you owe money for rent, if you are at risk for eviction, or have received a notice of eviction, please contact the Crisis Bureau: