Crisis Hotlines (All Free and 24 hours a day)
- Crisis Link Regional HotLine: 703-527-4077
- National Hope Line: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- LGBTQ Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Text: CONNECT to 8551 to confidentially text for emotional support or in case of crisis
Cigna Help Line: APS is partnering with Cigna to make a free School Support line available for students, staff, and parents who need mental health, crisis support and referrals. The pilot program is available at: Washington-Liberty, Arlington Career Center, Arlington Community High School, H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program, Langston High School Continuation Program, New Directions, Wakefield and Yorktown.
The line is available 24/7. Staff can help in English and Spanish and can link callers to local resources. Other languages are available through the Language Line.For help, call 833-Me-Cigna (833-632-4462).Or See below for QR code to be connected to them. Anonymous; no legal status or documentation requested.
Arlington Emergency Mental Health:
Purpose: Emergency – student safety concern (harm to self or others)
Location: 2120 Washington Blvd., Arlington VA (in-person appointments)
CR2: Children’s Regional Crisis Response
Purpose: CR2 provides rapid response to all children, youth, and adults facing a mental health and/or substance use crisis.
Contact: 844-627-4747 or 571-364-7390
Purpose: Crisis support for individuals with developmental disabilities experiencing a crisis putting them at risk of harming themselves or others.
Contact: (855) 897-8278
Arlington County Children’s Behavioral Health Intake Link
Purpose: For families who are struggling with a child who has mental health, substance abuse, or behavioral issues in non-crisis/non-emergency situations.
Emotional Support Phone Line
From George Mason University’s Center of Psychological Services: The Emotional Support Phone Line is open to not only to essential workers, but everyone in the community in need of emotional support. Our free, anonymous call in line is available to the wider community, including anyone who is struggling with stress, anxiety or even grief. If you are in need of emotional support, click here.
Contact: Call 703-215-1898, Monday-Sunday 8:30am-8:30pm
Substance Abuse Resources:
- Arlington County Children’s Behavioral Health (substance abuse treatment): 703-228-1560 : 703-228-1560 (limited services)
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP or 1-800-662-4357
- Arlington County Peer Run Warmline: 571-302-0327 (for ages 18+)
The following treatment facilities accept private insurance-we encourage parents to call and seek out more information before making a decision.
- Embark at Tysons -Co-Occurring both SA & MH outpatient, IOP 703-782-4252 https://www.embarkbh.com/locations/embark-at-tysons-corner-va/
- Health Connect America-Alexandria outpatient, IOP 703-680-9527 https://www.healthconnectamerica.com/locations/hca-alexandria-va/
- Sandstone Care – Substance Abuse Treatment outpatient & IOP – Reston – 703-260-9359
- SMART Recovery – https://www.smartrecovery.org/community
- Marijuana Anonymous – https://ma-online.org/
- Alcoholics Anonymous – https://nvintergroup.org/virtual-meetings/
- Narcotics Anonymous – https://virtual-na.org
- Unity Recovery – https://unityrecovery.org/digital-recovery-meetings
- Sober Recovery – https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/
- ROCovery Fitness – https://www.rocoveryfitness.org/