Crisis Hotlines (All Free and 24 hours a day)
- Crisis Link Regional HotLine: 703-527-4077
- National Hope Line: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- LGBTQ Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Text: CONNECT to 8551 to confidentially text for emotional support or in case of crisis
Cigna Help Line: APS is partnering with Cigna to make a free School Support line available for students, staff, and parents who need mental health, crisis support and referrals. The pilot program is available at: Washington-Liberty, Arlington Career Center, Arlington Community High School, H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program, Langston High School Continuation Program, New Directions, Wakefield and Yorktown.
The line is available 24/7. Staff can help in English and Spanish and can link callers to local resources. Other languages are available through the Language Line.For help, call 833-Me-Cigna (833-632-4462).Or See below for QR code to be connected to them. Anonymous; no legal status or documentation requested.
Arlington Emergency Mental Health:
Purpose: Emergency – student safety concern (harm to self or others)
Location: 2120 Washington Blvd., Arlington VA (in-person appointments)
CR2: Children’s Regional Crisis Response
Purpose: CR2 provides 24-hour rapid response to all youth (21 and younger) facing a mental health and/or substance use crisis.
Contact: 844-627-4747 or 571-364-7390
Purpose: Crisis support for individuals with developmental disabilities experiencing a crisis putting them at risk of harming themselves or others.
Contact: (855) 897-8278
Arlington County Children’s Behavioral Health Intake Link
Purpose: For families who are struggling with a child who has mental health, substance abuse, or behavioral issues in non-crisis/non-emergency situations
Purpose: For all Virginia residents having difficulty coping with COVID-19
Contact: Call/Text free to 877-349-6428 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday to Friday and 5-9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Essential Workers Hotline
Purpose: The George Mason University Center for Psychological Services is offering free help for essential workers dealing with anxiety, depression, and grief.
Contact: Call 703-215-1898, Monday-Friday 8:30am-8:30pm / Saturday 8:30am-4pm
Substance Abuse Resources:
- Arlington County Children’s Behavioral Health (substance abuse treatment): 703-228-1560
- Substance Use Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP
- Arlington County Peer Run Warmline: 571-302-0327 (for ages 18+)
The following treatment facilities accept private insurance-we encourage parents to call and seek out more information before making a decision.
- Dominion Adolescent Outpatient – Substance Abuse -Dual Diagnosis Intersect Program 703-538-2872
- Embark at Cabin John -Co-Occurring both SA & MH outpatient, IOP -301-686-5972
- Sandstone Care – Substance Abuse Treatment outpatient & IOP – Reston – 703-260-9359
- SMART Recovery – https://www.smartrecovery.org/community
- Marijuana Anonymous – https://ma-online.org/
- Alcoholics Anonymous – https://nvintergroup.org/virtual-meetings/
- Narcotics Anonymous – https://virtual-na.org
- Unity Recovery – https://unityrecovery.org/digital-recovery-meetings
- Sober Recovery – https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/
- ROCovery Fitness – https://www.rocoveryfitness.org/