From the APS Website
Overview: APS currently has over 500 business, non-profit, civic or government partnerships. Our partnerships bring business and professional people into the schools to work directly with students, teachers and administrators on projects targeted at improving student achievement. Along with the benefits to students, a partnership can fulfill the partners’ organizational goals of actively participating in the local community, and can bring goodwill to the participating organization. Likewise, members of the organization who volunteer as tutors, mentors, Lunch Buddies and career mentors gain a sense of satisfaction that comes from being a part of something bigger. APS has three types of partners:
- Resource Partners provide space, gift certificates, incentive prizes, financial or in-kind donations.
- Service Partners provide mentors, tutors, guest speakers, workshops, internship opportunities and/or job shadowing opportunities.
- Strategic Partners have taken an extra step to ensure the life of the partnership by creating a partnership agreement with goals and outcomes that support both the APS Strategic Plan and the partner’s organizational goals. Strategic partners are resource and/or service partners as well.
Partnering with APS can be very rewarding for you and for your business or organization.
Ideas to get Involved:
- Sponsor an after school club.
- Provide guest speakers.
- Provide shadowing experiences for students.
- Provide tutors or mentors for students.
- Provide incentives for students to stay in school.
- Donate materials/supplies to schools.
- Sponsor educational field trips.
- Display student work or notices of school events.
- Provide space for school training, meetings, or events.
Partner with the Arlington Career Center
The Career Center is seeking volunteers and partners to serve in the following capacities:
- Subject Matter Expert – individuals who volunteer as subject matter experts come into the school to serve as a knowledge resource about their area of expertise for students engaged in project-based learning
- Client – clients ask students to deliver a product through project-based learning
- Internship Partner – internship partners are actively seeking student interns to work with their company for an extended period of time (3+ months) in a paid or unpaid capacity
- Job Shadow Partner – job-shadow partners are able to provide students with short-term exposure to jobs (1 day – 1 week long)
- Guest Speaker – guest speakers come into classrooms and deliver lectures or q&a sessions on their career and/or area of expertise
- Field Trip Chaperone – chaperones volunteer to accompany students and staff on trips throughout the community
- Building Volunteer – building volunteers help with Career Center-wide events, such as Career Expo, Mock Interview Day, and Graduation
If you would like to partner with us, please fill out this Google form.