The Careers Through Culinary Arts Program (C-CAP) is a curriculum enrichment program linking public high school culinary teachers and their students to the food service industry. The Arlington Career Center Culinary Arts students competed in the annual DC Metro Region Culinary Competition and were awarded a combined total of $52,000 in scholarships, as well as guaranteed full-time employment upon graduation.
Below is breakdown of the students accomplishments:
- Keren Castillo Quiroa (Arlington Community High) – $400 Summer Culinary Bootcamp Scholarship to Monroe College Salina
- Eyob-Andom (Wakefield High School) – $2000 C-CAP Post-Secondary Education Cash Scholarship
- JieNa Funk (Wakefield High School) – $3,500 C-CAP Post-Secondary Education Cash Scholarship
- Jalen Mullins (Wakefield High School) — Guaranteed Full-time Employment at DCGB Restaurant, Washington DC, upon High School Graduation
- Kameron Harris (Wakefield High School) – $46,000 Full Ride Scholarship to the Art Institute of Washington
Congratulations to all of the students who participated!